AIR & WATER
We pledge to ensure our nation has clean air and water for all species and all generations.
We believe our nation can be a global leader in its efforts to secure clean air and water for its businesses and residents. Clean air and water is a thread that runs through all our programs.
1. Commit to making your business support the actions necessary to ensure clean air and water.
2. Implement environmentally and socially responsible policies and operations, including sustainable purchasing policies (greener cleaning, paper, construction, apparel/merchandise, etc.), sustainable site/landscaping practices, properly manage wastewater and FOG (fats, oils, grease), and eliminating the use of toxins and pesticides.
3. Advance green infrastructure and stormwater management practices (green roofs, rain gardens, pervious pavement, stormwater retention, etc.)
4. Invest in and support regional programs that preserve land, forests and estuaries, plants, trees, and/or protect salmon, orcas, and other native species. Support regional programs and projects that absorb and capture carbon (sequestration).
5. Implement water conservation and efficiency practices.
6. Engage your community and visitors. Ask your fans, visitors, and community members to join you in these efforts.
7. Tell your story. Make it public: use social media, use signage, make a video, etc.
8. Advocate for policy change and infrastructure. One of the major barriers to progress on the path to clean air and water is the lack of infrastructure and effective policy.
1. Commit to clean air and water. If you need more than a promise to yourself, commit to your Next 5 actions here.
2. Take action where you live:
purchase and use environmentally and socially responsible products
invest in and support regional programs that preserve land, forests, and conserve nature
plant trees, develop sustainable estuaries and protect salmon, orcas, and other native species
support programs and projects that absorb and capture carbon (sequestration)
advance sustainable gardening practices and backyard habitats (choose native species and avoid pesticides/herbicides)
implement water conservation and efficiency practices
protect the outdoors and leave no trace (dispose of waste properly, respect wildlife, etc.) when visiting the wilderness, parks, lakes, rivers, and in our own backyards
3. Promote clean air and water by using social media or other forms of communication to show that you are supporting clean air and water.
4. Take action where you work or learn. Ask your business or school to make clean air and water commitments.
5. Advocate for policy change and infrastructure. One of the major barriers to progress on the path to clean air and water is the lack of infrastructure and effective policy.
If you are a business or individual who wants to make a commitment to clean air and water, we can help.